Young people are major force in the contemporary world. They are at the forefront of global, social, economic and political developments. In addition to their intellectual contributions and their ability to mobilize supports, young men and women have a unique perspective. How our societies progress is determined among other things, on how much we involve youth in the building and designing the future. But in many countries in Africa, especially the Sub-Sahara it has become difficult for young people to be involved in the live of their societies. The problems facing youth challenge not only today's societies but future generations as well. They include;
- Limited resources available for funding youth programmes and activities.
- Inequities in social, economic and political conditions
- Gender discriminations
- To ENGAGE our young people how to positively integrate themselves and be committed to societal development and socio-economic growth
- HIGH LEVELS OF YOUTH-UNEMPLOYMENT
- Ethnic prejudice
- Hunger and malnutrition
- Changes in the role of the family
- Inadequate opportunity for education and training e.t.c.
The situation of young people worldwide remains precarious. In both developing and developed countries, the needs and aspirations of youth are still largely unmet. We therefore arise with a vision of taking responsibility, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. With Youth-unemployment rate among the highest in West Africa and Africa at large, it's high time we place young people at the centre of development to focus and fight against YOUTH-unemployment. We are living in a difficult time, and until youth begin to arise to talk about issues that concern them, there might be no reasonable solution. The W.A.Y Africa (The War Against Youth-unemployment in Africa) is an initiative of HEAL THE WORLD MISSION INC. This forum is building an international community of proactive young people across Africa and the world as we gather together more than 100 Youth cut across the 54 Countries of Africa who are prone towards responsibility and constructive behavior in the current changes the contemporary world is undergoing. The W.A.Y Africa is a high impact idea accelerator forum aimed at converting VIABLE IDEAS into HIGH GROWTH BUSINESSES solving real world problems majorly Youth-unemployment in our dear continent. This is a 3-day action packed, high degree, idea generating, brain storming, mind grooming, challenging yet fun filled, "get result" open discussion. The gathering harnesses the power of youth, their cultural diversity, their domain expertise and their deep conversations about today's youth-unemployment challenge and then accelerate them into profitable ventures for international development.
CALL FOR IDEAS.
We are calling young talented and creative individuals, young project coordinators, young intellectuals, young researchers, and young experts in relevant fields full of new ideas to tackle youth-unemployment in Africa and are ready to work collaboratively for collective international benefit.
THE SIX (6) GOAL OF THE FORUM ARE
- To EXPOSE young people to both leadership and international developmental issues by connecting with youth from 54 African countries and startup leaders.
- To EDUCATE young people on the principles of purposeful living and successful achievement through assistance and advice from leading achievers.
- To EMPLOY young people to lead purposeful change in their immediate environment and inspire others and influence local global change by identifying like minded leaders among the international participants
- To ENGAGE young people positively and commit them to societal development and socio-economic growth by providing platforms where winning ideas can thrive.
- To ENJOIN young people to promote godly virtues by imbibing sound morals and ethical values.
- To ESTABLISH "WORLD CHANGERS CLUB" in the 54 Countries of Africa by presenting the WORLD CHANGERS AMBASSADOR EMBLEM to all participants. And also go into partnership with TOP VIABLE IDEAS
February, 26th - 1st of March 2014.
African Leadership Forum Center, Temperance Hotel, Bells Drive, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- 18 - 30 years old.
- Passionate about creating an impact and becoming a solution to the world problems by presenting a VIABLE IDEA to tackle Youth-unemployment in Africa.
- 3. Know the power of teams and co-founders, and are exited, ready to work collaboratively with people from all around the world
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Guinea (Conakry)
- Guinea (Bissau)
- Sierra Leone
Secondary - (North, East, South & Central African Countries)
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville)
- Sao Tome & Principe
- South Africa
- Western Sahara*
- Other Countries
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested and eligible, please follow the steps below;
- First step: Submit your curriculum vitae, application form and brief description of your idea with a short video/presentation in 2minute (Title your video as The Way Africa Forum_Surname_Name_Country and upload on youtube, ensure you subscribe to HealTheWorldNgTV on Youtube) before Jan, 31st 2014 to our email:email@example.com Set of documents for candidacies to be downloaded from www.healtheworldmission.org.ng
- Application Form
- *Curriculum vitae
- Project Brief Form
- Detailed Project Description Requirement
- Visa Form (If Applicable)
Please, connect on our website as well as social media platforms for updates;
- FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/healtheworldmission
- TWITTER: www.twitter.com/HTWMissionInc
- YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/HealTheWorldNgTV
- FLICKR: www.flickr.com/htwm